Terms of Service
Thank you for your interest in League of Justice and our website located at https://leagueofjustice.com (the “Service” or “LOJ”). Your use of the Service is subject to these “Terms of Service.” By using the Service, you agree to be bound by, and use the Service in compliance with, these Terms of Service. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, DO NOT USE THE SERVICE.
LOJ DOES NOT OFFER LEGAL ADVICE. ALL INFORMATION ON LOJ IS OPINION AND COMMENTARY OR FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION, AGENCY OR GRANTING OF LEGAL ADVICE WHATSOEVER.
THIS AGREEMENT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN COURTS OR JURY TRIALS, AND LIMITS THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
The terms “you,” “your,” and “yours” refer to you, the user of the Service. The terms “LOJ,” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to LOJ. This agreement exists solely between you and LOJ. We may periodically make changes to these Terms of Service. It is your responsibility to review the most recent version of these Terms of Service frequently and remain informed of any changes to it. You agree that your continued use of the Service after such changes have been published to the Service shall constitute your acceptance of such revised Terms of Service.
Nature of the Service
LOJ is your guide to the best sports law third party news content on the internet and a source for original sports legal news, reporting and commentary.
License to Use the Service
Subject to these Terms of Service, we grant to you a limited, personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to use the Service for your personal use and not for resale or further distribution.
Except for this license granted to you, we retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Service, including all related intellectual property rights. LOJ is protected by applicable intellectual property laws, including United States copyright law and international treaties.
Except as otherwise explicitly provided in these Terms of Service or as may be expressly permitted by applicable law, you will not permit or authorize third parties to: (a) reproduce, modify, translate, enhance, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, or create derivative works of the Service; (b) rent, lease, or sublicense access to the Service; nor (c) circumvent or disable any security or technological features or measures of the Service.
Access and Modifications to the Service
We do not provide you with the equipment to access the Service. You are responsible for all fees charged by third parties to access the Service (e.g., charges by internet service providers).
We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, all or a part of the Service without notice. We will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of the Service.
We also reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post, or remove any posting by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to the Service at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
You must be 13 years old or older to register as a user or to use the Service or to subscribe to our substack or other subscription services. You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
You must comply with all applicable laws, including U.S. export control laws, when using the Service. Except as may be expressly permitted by applicable law or authorized by us in writing, you will not, and will not permit anyone else to: (a) store, copy, modify, distribute, or resell any of the information; audio, visual, and audiovisual works; or other content made available by LOJ on the Service (“Content”) or compile or collect any Content as part of a database or other work; (b) use any automated tool (e.g., robots, spiders) to use the Service or store, copy, modify, distribute, or resell any Content; (c) rent, lease, or sublicense your access to the Service to another person; (d) use the Service or Content for any purpose except for your own personal use; (e) circumvent or disable any digital rights management, usage rules, or other security features of the Service; (f) use the Service in a manner that threatens the integrity, performance, or availability of the Service; or (g) remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notices (including copyright notices) on any portion of the Service or Content.
Links and Third Party Content
The Service may contain links to third party products, services, ads and websites. We exercise no control over the third party products, services, and websites and we are not responsible for their performance, do not endorse them, and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, or other materials available through the third party products, services, and websites. We are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused to you by your use of or reliance on any goods or services available through the third party products, services, ads and websites.
The Service may allow you and other third parties to post information to the Service. Any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers, or other information that constitutes part of the content expressed or made available by third parties on the Service are those of the respective authors or producers and not of LOJ, or its officers, directors or employees.
You agree that LOJ is free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, articles, opinions, editorials, videos, images or techniques or any other material contained in any communication you may send to us (each, a “Submission”), in perpetuity and without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to you for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, as content and for distribution in perpetuity, as well as for developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the Service and our products and services. Furthermore, by posting any Submission on the Service, submitting information or content to us, or in responding to questionnaires, you grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, fully paid, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicenseable, worldwide license and right to display, use, perform, reproduce, modify, distribute and create derivative works of the Submission, audio, video, writings or information submitted in any media, software, or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future. By posting or providing a Submission or information, you represent and warrant that: (i) you own all right title and interest in your Submissions or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth herein, and (ii) the posting of your Submissions on or through the Service does not (and will not) violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay all royalties, license fees and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Submission posted by you on or through the Service.
You are solely responsible for any content and other material that you submit, publish or display on the Service or transmit to third parties.
You will not use the Service to: (a) upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any information that contains personally identifying information, unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable; (b) harm LOJ or third parties in any way; (c) impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; (d) upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any information that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements); (e) upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any information that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary right of any party; (f) upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other forms of solicitation; (g) upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; (h) interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service; (i) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation; (j) “stalk” or otherwise harass another; (k) collect or store personal data about other users.
If you see content on the Service that violates these use restrictions, please contact LOJ using the Contact Us Form on the website.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND CONTENT IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE SERVICE AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. LOJ EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF THE SERVICE AND CONTENT, AND YOU RELY ON THE SERVICE AND CONTENT AT YOUR OWN RISK. ANY MATERIAL OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY MATERIAL THROUGH THE SERVICE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM LOJ OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICE WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT. LOJ MAKES NO WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO ASPECTS OF THE SERVICE PROVIDED BY THIRD PARTIES. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY PROHIBIT A DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. LAWS & RIGHTS VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
No Legal Advice & Limitation of Liability
LOJ DOES NOT OFFER LEGAL ADVICE. ALL INFORMATION ON LOJ IS OPINION AND COMMENTARY OR FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND DOES NOT CREATE ANY REPRESENTATION, AGENCY OR GRANTING OF LEGAL ADVICE WHATSOEVER. LOJ SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OR ALL CLAIMS WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN. LOJ WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF LOJ HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE AND CONTENT. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL LOJ’S TOTAL LIABILITY OF ALL KINDS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR CONTENT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTY CLAIMS), REGARDLESS OF THE FORUM AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY ACTION OR CLAIM IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us on the Contact Us Form and provide our copyright agent, in writing, the following information required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. § 512: (i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work; (iii) identification of the URL or other specific location on the Service where the material that you claim is infringing is located; (iv) your address, telephone number, and email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Our agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement on this site can be reached using THE CONTACT US FORM ON THE WEBSITE.
You will indemnify and hold LOJ, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, heirs, successors, partners, and employees (the “Indemnified Parties”), harmless from any costs, damages, expenses, and liability caused by your use of the Service or Content, your violation of these Terms of Service, or your violation of any rights of a third party through use of the Service or Content. For the sake of clarity, this indemnity will cover any claims against the Indemnified Parties arising in connection with legal trouble, criminal charges, personal injury or death occurring in connection with transportation services provided by you or your representatives (e.g., your spouse or other caregivers) or received by you or your representatives (e.g., members of your family, other caregivers, your children, or other children under your care)
Updates to the Service and Terms of Service
We may occasionally update the Service and these Terms of Service. When we do, we will revise the “last updated” date on these Terms of Service. You should check the Service and these Terms of Service frequently to see recent changes. Your continued use of the Service after such changes will be subject to the then-current terms of service. This version of these Terms of Service shall supersede all earlier versions.
Enforcement of these Terms of Service will be governed by the internal substantive laws of the State of New York, without respect to its conflict of laws principles, except to the extent that law is inconsistent with or preempted by federal law. The application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded. To the extent that a dispute is not subject to arbitration under Dispute Resolution Section of this Agreement, that action shall be brought in the appropriate state or federal court located in New York County, New York; and we both irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state or federal courts in New York County, New York for the adjudication of all non-arbitral claims.
The failure of LOJ to enforce any right or provision in these Terms of Service will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by LOJ in writing. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these Terms of Service to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will remain in full force and effect.
(1) Claims Subject to Arbitration: LOJ and you agree to arbitrate all disputes and claims between us, except for claims arising from bodily injury or that pertain to enforcing, protecting, or the validity of LOJ’S intellectual property rights (or the intellectual property rights of any of our licensors, affiliates and partners). This agreement to arbitrate is intended to be broadly interpreted. It includes, but is not limited to:
- claims arising out of or relating to any aspect of the relationship between us, whether based in contract, tort, fraud, misrepresentation or any other statutory or common-law legal theory;
- claims that arose before this or any prior Agreement (including, but not limited to, claims relating to advertising);
- claims for mental or emotional distress or injury not arising out of physical bodily injury;
- claims that are currently the subject of purported class action litigation in which you are not a member of a certified class; and
- claims that may arise after the termination of this Agreement.
- claims regarding defamation, false light or slander or libel
References to “LOJ,” “you,” and “us” include our respective subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, employees, licensees, licensors, and providers of content as of the time your or our claim arises; our respective predecessors in interest, successors, and assigns; and all authorized or unauthorized users or beneficiaries of Services under this or prior Agreements between us. Notwithstanding the foregoing, either party may bring an action in small claims court seeking only individualized relief, so long as the action remains in that court and is not removed or appealed to a court of general jurisdiction. This arbitration agreement does not preclude you from bringing issues to the attention of federal, state, or local agencies. Such agencies can, if the law allows, seek relief against us on your behalf. You agree that, by entering into this Agreement, you and we are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This Agreement evidences a transaction in interstate commerce, and thus the Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of this Agreement.
(2) Pre-Arbitration Notice of Disputes: A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”).
If we and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the claim within 90 days after the Notice is received, you or we may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by us or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or us is entitled.
(3) Arbitration Procedure: The arbitration will be governed by the Consumer Arbitration Rules (“AAA Rules”) of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), as modified by this arbitration provision, and will be administered by the AAA. (If the AAA is unavailable, another arbitration provider shall be selected by the parties or by the court.) The AAA Rules are available online at www.adr.org, by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879, or by requesting them in writing at the Notice Address. All issues are for the arbitrator to decide, except that issues relating to the scope and enforceability of the arbitration provision or whether a dispute can or must be brought in arbitration are for the court to decide. The arbitrator may consider but shall not be bound by rulings in other arbitrations involving different customers. The right to a hearing will be determined by the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based. Except as provided in subsection (6) below, the arbitrator can award the same damages and individualized relief that a court can award under applicable law.
(4) Arbitration Fees: You shall be responsible for all costs associated with all AAA filing, administration, and arbitrator fees for any arbitration initiated by you in accordance with the notice requirements above. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the Demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules and you shall be responsible for all legal fees incurred by LOJ in defending such an arbitral claim. In such case, you agree to reimburse us for all monies we previously paid that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. In addition, if you initiate an arbitration in which you seek relief valued at greater than $75,000 (either to you or to us), the payment of these fees will be governed by the AAA rules.
(5) Requirement of Individual Arbitration: The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim. YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR OUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS, REPRESENTATIVE, OR PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and we agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, class, or private attorney general proceeding. If, after exhaustion of all appeals, any of these prohibitions on non-individualized declaratory or injunctive relief; class, representative, and private attorney general claims; and consolidation are found to be unenforceable with respect to a particular claim or with respect to a particular request for relief (such as a request for injunctive relief sought with respect to a particular claim), then that claim or request for relief shall be severed , and all other claims and requests for relief shall be arbitrated.
(6) Future Changes to Arbitration Provision: Notwithstanding any provision in this Agreement to the contrary, we agree that if we make any future change to this arbitration provision (other than a change to the Notice Address), you agree to be bound by the new language and that you will arbitrate any dispute between us in accordance with the language of this provision, as reflected by the last date listed below.
Contacting LOJ: Use CONTACT US FORM on the website www.leagueofjustice.com
If you have any questions or concerns about the Service or these Terms of Service, please send us a thorough description on the Contact Us page.
Effective date of Terms & Services, November 23, 2021